The Laserfiche archives
makes many official documents available online, including:
- City Council meeting minutes
- Finance and Administration Committee minutes
- Community Development Committee minutes
- City mailings
Open Records Requests
Under Kansas Open Records Law, most records maintained by the City are open for inspection and/or copying by individuals. To request a record, contact the City Clerk. To expedite your request, please complete the Open Records Request Form
Every attempt will be made to fulfill the request, though that is not always possible. Possible reasons a request may be denied include:
- The specific record requested does not exist
- The request was unclear and should be resubmitted with more detail
- The record request is closed to protect an important privacy interest
- The requester intends to use the record or information for the purpose of selling or offering for sale any property or service in violation of K.S.A. 45-230.
Most requests are processed within three business days. Written notification will be provided if there is a delay, or if the request cannot be fulfilled.
The City charges a fee to cover the cost of staff time required to gather the information and the cost of copying or reproducing records. The fee schedule is available on the Open Records Request Form
Open Records Exceptions:
There are some records that contain information which is private in nature and because of this, the documents are excluded from disclosure requirements under the Kansas Open Records Act (K.S.A. 45-221). Some of the records exempted by the law include personnel information of City employees; medical treatment records; records which are protected by the attorney-client privilege or the rules of evidence; records containing personal information compiled for census purposes; and criminal investigation records.